First of all, I want to thank everyone who sent me emails and text messages checking on me and wishing us well. It really meant a lot.

Irene really fizzled for us – thurs evening we were on the fence as whether to evacuate with the boats or ride it out…but when they descreased it to be a 2 at landfall we decided to stay.

To make a long story short – it was somewhat windy (never gusting over 90) and we had a moderate 8-9′ of offical rainfall. No flooding. Lots of leaves and branches to clean up – that’s it. We were extremely fortunate and came through all in one piece.

The most pressing question? My dock neighbor – the MO-JO – came through just fine. She really is unsinkable.